Then one fateful day as I was laying in bed, looking around the space, I realized that it would feel a lot better, and work better too, if we moved the bed under the window, facing the bedroom door. My Charles and I chatted colors and settled on a light, desert brown. We purchased the paint. I picked up some new curtains from IKEA, (the Ninni Rund,) and ordered some lamps from West Elm. The lamps came in right before we started working on the deck, so they stayed in their boxes and hung out in my office for TWO YEARS. Fixing the dry rot was first priority, so my bedroom project got put on hold over and over again, as we discovered dry rot over and over again. -sigh-
Then we moved the furniture around in the new space, just the way I had envisioned it for two years, mounting the lamps, and hanging art.
The entire project took two days, with a few breaks since it was our weekend after all. We've been living with the new layout for a few days, and it feels so spacious! I still need to get a frame for one more piece of artwork for my Charles' side (the one with the yellow dresser), but we're almost there, and I'm loving the new view from the bed.
List of stuff:
- Lamps from West Elm, no longer available.
- Rugs from IKEA.
- Ninni Rund curtains from IKEA.
- Art gathered for the past few years. Dream catcher made by my brother. Wood cupboard made by my friend Scott.
- Yellow dresser belonged to Charles' grandmother.
- Blue dresser belonged to my mom, and I've used it my whole life.
- Bird pillow covers from West Elm.
- Duvet cover from West Elm.
- Paisley pillow from my sewing machine (fabric from Joanne's).
- My night stand = Bodie's crate.