It’s amusing to go back to those original posts. I didn’t post any photos to the blog until April, and those were tiny! Going back into the archives is like the adventure into how I found the blog’s voice. Of course it, like me, is constantly evolving, but it feels like after four years, this space can finally begin to sing.
A blog is only as good as its readers, and I’m so grateful to all of you, whether you’ve been following my ramblings since those awkward beginnings or you just stumbled upon it last week. I wanted to thank you all for your support and visits. You are my (mostly) silent horde, but you return, and I love you for it.
- I’m really getting into new graphic novels and comics lately. I’d gotten out of the habit of reading them for a few years. Currently, I’m reading or looking forward to reading: “Beautiful Darkness,” “Unlovable Vol. 3,” “Serenity: Leaves on the Wind,” “Ms. Marvel,” “The Sandman: Overture,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10,” and Fantagraphics is doing a hardcover “The Complete Eightball 1-18” is August, so woo hoo on collections, too!
- I’ve discovered a new (for me) treatment for my depression – running. I’ve been running for over a month now, and every time I’m feeling low, a quick run with my dog perks me right up. I’ve even gone for a quick mile run on my lunch break a couple of times when I’m having a bad day. I return for the second half of my shift refreshed and ready to create.
- I still feel a major yearning for the ocean. I think I lived by it for too long. L.M. Montgomery wrote about that constant call in many of her short stories. It gets to be a part of you, I guess, and then if you’re landlocked, it becomes a constant ache.
- I have discovered an almost obsessive passion for food and wine pairing. That’s become the main focus of my other blog, Sapid Cellar Door.
- There are a lot of little projects coming up for the house that should be really fun to write about. I’m just having trouble deciding what to do first.
- I’m scheduled for an art show this December, so I’ll be working on a lot of new pieces this year. My new focus is abstract based on nature. I’m hoping it will be as cool as the concepts in my head are.
- I’m going to the BlogHer Conference this year. Hopefully, I will learn to hone my craft even more so that all of you will have more to enjoy here.