Two gallons of paint later, the bathroom saga is over -- almost. We're still going to replace most of the items in the bathroom, including the floor, but the white paint is a huge improvement.
I think the largest challenge was created by using a low VOC paint. I've noticed similar struggles recently on other blogs. Many coats and hours of frustration later, the painting is mostly done. Because of the better-for-us paint, I'm finding that there is some problem with bleed through, especially at the corners and around the shower.
I'm actually going to wait a bit longer before doing the touch-ups because I want to know that I got it all. I did double the coats cutting in than roller, but I ended up losing track of exactly how many coats that was. Another thing that the white has accomplished, beside causing everything to feel more clean, is really making the natural wood pieces in the room seem richer. Here is the piece I picked up at the antique store the last time we were there. I love how it looks on the wall. It will compliment the medicine cabinet (once we get that installed) quite nicely, and it works with the "operation embrace the cabin" look I realized the house needs. It is, after all, a cabin in the woods.
Today is a work on painting day, and I don't mean walls. I have a show coming up in November, and I'm beginning to feel the pressure to GET THINGS DONE. As I finish pieces, I'll share those with you too. The theme of my show is all about my grandma, how she's inspired me, my memories from when I was younger, etc. I'm really excited about it, though nervous too, as she'll see the show. I hope she likes it, and I hope you all do too.
A blog about writing, art, projects, or whatever else tickles my fancy.