1. Replace the carpeting in the house. We're saving our final call until we go look at flooring, but at this point, we're focusing on bamboo.
Still hasn't happened, and now it's looking like we're going to go with engineered hardwood.
2. Paint the outside of the house.
3. Fix and/or replace the deck.
In progress. This got delayed a tad due to having to replace so much siding from dry rot.
4. Create a garden.
5. Finally build that clothesline.
After checking out sun position through the trees, and factoring in how dusty, dusty our yard is, no matter how much I water, we've decided that alas, this will never happen.
6. Build a railing for our new, beautiful concrete steps.
This year for sure! (It got put off due to all of the T1-11 siding we had to carry down the steps last year to repair the unforeseen dry rot issues. A railing would have gotten in the way -- and possibly been destroyed -- by us carrying those large boards down the steps.)
7. Finally build a pergola over the front door (and maybe a second one for the deck).
I may need to hire help for this project, just to make sure it's done properly. We have to wait until the deck is finished, though, since it will be sitting on it.
8. Finish the bathroom (sink vanity, flooring, medicine cabinet, toilet).
Can you believe I still haven't done this? And that poor medicine cabinet still hasn't been installed. I apologize to the two individuals who found this site searching for how to install rustic medicine cabinets. I'll get this done soon. I promise.
9. Organize the laundry room.
This actually has happened, and I owe you guys a blog. The room is so small, it's been challenging to photograph, but I think I may have figured out a way to do it.
10. Replace the kitchen countertops with white quartz, change faucet, add backsplash.
This hasn't happened, and it will be a bit different than this. We ended up deciding on butcher block. We're going to use a marine sealer and install this farmhouse style sink. This will also be happening soon because I desperately need counter space. We haven't settled on a backsplash yet, though.
11. Extend Bodie's yard.
I really want to get this done, but it all depends on how much time the deck takes.
12. Get a Tough Shed garage.
This isn't going to happen either. We just don't have enough flat space. Instead, we're going to be building a shed. I'll post that adventure when we get there.
So that brings us to this year's resolutions. Obviously, they mostly include finishing up what didn't get done last year. We're also going to:
- Install one more base cabinet to add much needed storage and counter top space.
- Paint and rearrange the bedroom.
- Have another gutter installed on the other side of the house.
- Replace a window that got damaged when installing new siding and possibly adding another when we finish replacing the last couple pieces of damaged siding.