1. replace dry-rotten siding
The most important project of the year.
2. paint outside of house
I think I've finally decided to do gray with blue trim.
3. build a clothesline
I have the plans. I just need to do it.
4. build a firewood holder
We got more than we needed for this winter, so we'll
need to create something to store it for next winter.
5. purchase a storage shed
We don't have a garage or basement, so this is very
6. purchase a carport
Our cars take a beating in this weather.
7. build a fence around 1/4 of our property
Bodie needs more runnin' room.
8. install baseboards in my office
Can you believe I haven't done this yet?
9. build the built-in shelves in my office
How I'll finally finish my office space.
10. paint bathroom
The previous owners painted it matte without any mildew
11. repaint trim throughout the house
Again, the previous owners painted it matte.
12. repaint living space
We haven't actually changed any of the paint in the
house since we bought it.
13. purchase a new, Energy Star refrigerator
This is a must -- both for efficiency and for storage space.
14. replace the deck
This may not happen this year, but it needs to happen
15. build a pergola over the front door for shade
I just couldn't get into the sunshade look, and a pergola
will fit the style of the house as well as giving some
architectural interest to our box of a home.
16. purchase a new water heater
It's original to our '77 home.
and for my Charles' dad's house:
17. finish removing the rest of 35+ years of accumulation
18. gut & replace both bathrooms
Since we live 3+ hours away, we'll hire out for this.
19. replace carpet throughout house
Same as #18.
20. paint inside of house, including kitchen cupboards
So there's the list. Wish us luck. If nothing else, it promises lots of posts and a very busy year.